Add to Google

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Type 2 Diabetes...easy?

So many people are under the believe or assumption that Type 2 Diabetes is easy to over come. If this were true, why do we still have approximately 15 million Americans with this disease?

So believe it is based on obesity, that every "fat" person will contract this disease. This is NOT true. Obesity triggers the disease to surface, however does not cause people to contract this. Most, not all, but most people with Diabetes are born with a Pancreas deficiency, which will cause low levels of blood glucose, causing Type 2 Diabetes.

Unfortunately for most people simple diet and exercise is not enough to overcome this disease.
I am a personal test to that. I spent a year working out and modifying my diet, thinking I was OK. Until one day I nearly collapsed in the streets of New York while on vacation. It was after that I did further research into this disease.

This disease took my grandfather’s life along with complications of the effects on his body. This disease has also taken my mothers life, incapcitating her ability to hold a job because of the need of regular timely food and insulin medication.

You think it is easy when it is not. You may study the right foods to eat and strive in the gym for some time only to realise you stopped short and still have symptoms. It took my enough to nearly collapse to perfect my diet to a point of overcoming this disease. Blurred vision, clammy skin, faintness, loosing color, etc.

While this may be the minor form of the disease, it is very scary.
If you seek further knowledge, this is one good article to read.

http://www.mamashealth.com/Diabetes2.asp

You can subscribe to my posts by clicking here You can subscribe to my posts by clicking here SUBSCRIBE

Please leave a comment, I appreciate them!

Colby Butler

No comments:

HardCore Training

Google Groups
Subscribe to Part Time Bloggers
Email:
Visit this group
If you enjoy what I write, please donate if you wish! 10% of every dollar goes to a charity fund Samaritans Feet, www.samaritansfeet.org
Powered By Blogger
 
Copyright Colby Butler 2008 All Rights Reserved